Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Audition Notice

For the Audition "To be Megan's Husband".... Josh GOT CAST! Check out the character breakdown information below.

Male (25-30) the Hero-type. muscular build. blue eyes. great laugh. entertaining. perfect smile. charismatic. speaks his mind. adventurous. a leader. skilled pikey speaker. outdoors-type. cleans up GQ hot. a few tattoos. not easily embarrassed. not easily discouraged. optimistic but realistic. great dancer. loves animals. does impressions of gorillas. pirate fanatic. great legs. almost too great of legs. shaves arms. terrible rapper or flow artist. hotter than The Old Spice commercial guy.

When Josh walked in to read for this character, I was at first a little skeptical. He read his lines a little too quickly and his character choice was a bit overpowering. After much discussion with the actor, I found that he merely knew what he wanted and was going to do whatever it took to get it. He also was very fond of telling me exactly what he wanted from the "get-go." A confident actor like this who can sell himself successfully to this director is hard to come by. I feel this casting decision was of great importance in my life, and I'm proud to say there were no other actors even called back for the role. This is one role that was truly MADE for Joshua Mullins. In a recent interview with the artist he said: "I know it's not going to be easy playing the role of Megan's Husband. Keeping a girl like Megan entertained for twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week for the rest of my life is a job that will never be simple-nor boring! I am so blessed and ready to be undertaking such a challenge, but I believe it was my year-long study workshop with the brilliant Megan that has prepared me for this moment."

Well there you have it Ladies and Gentlemen, Joshua Mullins will be starring as Megan's Husband in a THEATRE near you! (the um *cough* Jefferson Theatre *cough* near YOU)

m.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!

    speaking of casting...GLEE is casting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes the director doesn't know the right person for the role until she sees a great performance...

    ReplyDelete